- Scrap the soppy mayo coleslaw you’re used to at your family reunion. Rather, whip up this easy to make slaw that is mayo free and full of flavor.
ZESTY CASHEW COLESLAW
1 large head green cabbage
1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight in water
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp fresh dill/parsley/basil or any herb you like
1/2 lemon juiced
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp sesame seeds (garnish)
Sea Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste (I use a lot:)
- Chop or shred cabbage into thin shreds and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Drain cashews and add to food processor.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add more water to make the dressing thinner if desired.
- Pour over shredded cabbage and toss until well coated.
- Top with sesame seeds.
- BEING VEG LIKE A BOSS
- Simple Gluten Free Granola
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Tahini and Thyme Dressing
- Piping Hot Cereal
- "AO" Creamy Tomato Soup
- Quinoa Loving
- Roasted Leek Chips
- Morning Veggie Scramble
- How to Feed Your Children Without Making Yourself Crazy
- Oven Roasted Vegetables