Winter Squash and Apple Soup with Cashew Cream
3 squash acorn, butternut, buttercup, Kabucha
1 medium apple
3 stalks celery
4-5 cups vegetable stock
1 cup half/half optional or full fat coconut milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp tumeric
2 bay leaves
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut open and remove seeds from squash.
- Lightly brush with olive oil/coconut oil and salt and pepper well.
- Roast in oven for 35-40 minutes until fork tender.
- In large soup pot sauté onion, carrot, celery and apple in 2 tbsp olive oil, coconut oil, or butter till tender. Add in squash scraped from skins and sauté five more minutes.
- Add in stock, bay leaves, and seasonings for twenty minutes.
- Remove bay leaves, blend with immersion blender, or carefully transfer to blender in small batches until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sea salt and pepper as needed.
1 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight or at least 4 hours
1/2 lemon juicked
1 small garlic clove
1 tsp sea salt
- Drain cashews and rinse well.
- Blend with 1/2 cup water, lemon juice, garlic & sea salt.
- Add extra water to thin it if needed.
- Add half of the cashew cream directly into the soup and combine.
- Use the rest of Cashew Cream to swirl on top of the bowls of soup. Enjoy!