Yes, we can giggle at the title of this recipe but jokes aside, nuts are packed with healthy fats, protein and fiber. Plus, they give any and every dish a delicious crunchy upgrade. I encourage you to mix it up with different spices and flavors. Go ahead, play around with your nuts…ok, I will stop.
6 c filtered water
1 tbsp sea salt
- Add nuts and salt to a large bowl and cover with filtered water.
- Allow nuts to soak in the bowl for 6-8 hours (overnight is ideal).
- Strain nuts and rinse with fresh water
- Place nuts on a baking sheet (line with parchment paper to prevent sticking)
- Turn oven on lowest temperature and place baking sheet into oven
- Allow nuts to slowly toast for 6 hours
- Take baking sheet out of oven and let cool
*You can toss toasted nuts with cinnamon, garlic powder, tumeric, or chile powder to spice up each batch
*These nuts are great added to Hearty Hemp Cereal, oatmeal, salads and yogurt