Sweet Potato Waffles – Traditional
1 1/2 cups shredded sweet potato
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Heat waffle iron. Spray with non-stick olive oil or lightly brush with coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Place a scoop of the mixture onto the waffle iron and close lid.
- Cook until golden brown.
Spiralized Sweet Potato Waffles
1 large sweet potato
1 egg (beaten)
- Using your spiralizer, make sweet potato noodles.
- In a large pan, place sweet potato noodles with a small amount of coconut oil and cover. Cook for 6-7 minutes. Try not to stir the noodles or break them apart. Should be tender but not mushy.
- Remove noodles from pan and place in large mixing bowl. Gently mix in beaten egg.
- Place noodles onto well greased waffle iron. Make sure to cover all of the areas of the iron with the noodles. Cook until golden brown.