2-3 medium to large sweet potatoes
A dozen eggs
Toppings of your choice (bacon, goat cheese crumbles, green onion, avocado, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Scrub the sweet potato under water to remove dirt. Do not peel.
- Using a box grater, grate the sweet potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Grease a muffin tin or small oven proof ramekins with coconut oil.
- Line muffin tins with the shredded sweet potato. Press down with your fingers down and along the sides to create a “crust”. Try to fill each slot so the sweet potato comes up over the edge. This creates enough room for the egg.
- Bake the nests in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until crisp. Don’t over bake or burn.
- Remove muffin tin from oven and carefully slide an egg into each crust.
- Season with salt and pepper and place back into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until the white are opaque.
- Add your favorite topping of choice and enjoy.