Sweet Potato Coconut Stew
This nourishing dish will be sure to warm bellies and keep you going during the cold months.
1 large sweet potato cut into chunks
1 bulb of garlic minced
4 large stalks of celery
4 large carrots cut into chunks
1 large zucchini cut into chunks
1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
1 can full fat coconut milk
3 cups vegetable/chicken broth
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp turmeric
- In a large stock pot, add coconut oil, sweet potato, carrots, zucchini, celery, garlic and half of the chopped cilantro.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables start to “sweat”.
- Add 1 cup of broth to pot and cover pot. Continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add remaining broth and coconut milk. Turn heat down to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- Serve over cooked red lentils or basmati rice and garnish with remaining cilantro and black pepper.