Many believe that coffee ignites their inner fire and gives them energy to face the day and potential villains.
It’s true coffee has a number of energizing and health benefits, however, it also comes with some side effects that are not so stable when consumed in high volumes. I have come to an agreement with my beloved dark roasted beans and enjoy its chatty high on occasion.
However, I found myself in a state of lack. Where does one find a suitable substitute with the super strength to take on the darkness?
I have tried gagging down tea of all flavors, brands, etc., only finding adequacy in the UK favorite, Yellow Label, which has the same if not more caffeine per serving than coffee. Considering I am not a tea fan, all seemed lost.
In walks Dandy Blend.
A beautifully combined mix of amazing things that do amazing things to your body that tastes exactly like coffee. I am refraining to tell you the ingredients due to the scrunched nose reaction that most healthy foods receive. But I promise you, it does not disappoint on taste. I will tell you this, it is gluten free, caffeine free, GMO free and is Captain America approved.
So I give you what I believe most superheroes drink to ignite their powers early in the morning or if you are Batman, in the darkness of Gotham City.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp Dandy Blend (depending on how strong of the coffee taste you prefer)
- 1 tsp raw honey or vanilla flavored Stevia (This is optional. I like mine without sweetener but if you are watching sugar intake and like sweet, choose the Stevia)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw cacao or unsweetened baking cocoa
- *I recommend the raw cacao as it is a superfood giving you a natural energy boost without the crash and is the HIGHEST ANTIOXIDANT VALUE OF EARTHLY FOOD
Heat almond milk in a saucepan on medium heat until desired temperature.
Stir in Dandy Blend and raw cacao with a wire whisk until smooth.
Add raw honey/stevia and cinnamon and stir.
SOME FULL POWER ADD-INS:
2 tbsp hemp hearts and blend in high-speed blender. This adds almost 10 grams of protein and turns this mocha into a power packed breakfast.
Add a shot of espresso on your chosen coffee days or when you are saving the world from terror and crime.
Add ice and blend in your blender for an iced version of this vigilante bevvy.
- Morning Veggie Scramble
- 5 Things Your Grandmother Was Right About
- What Happens When You Deny Pleasure
- Piping Hot Cereal
- 10 Tips to Handle the Holiday Feasting
- Glorious Gluten Free Pancakes
- Breakfast 101
- Exercise Your Freedom
- Confessions of a Guilty Mind
- Gimme Gimme More