Sometimes soup can be the perfect way to start the day. What most people don’t realize is that it doesn’t have to take a lot of prep time to concoct a killer soup chalk full of nutrients. I typically use my Vitamix when whipping up blended soups but an immersion blender can do the trick as well.
1 lb carrots unpeeled
1/4 sweet onion chopped
handful of parsley
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp organic peanut butter (unsweetened/unsalted) Note: You can sub any nut butter for peanut butter.
2 tbsp Wheat Free Tamari
1 Thai Pepper or hot pepper of your choice
2 cups hot water or vegetable stock
Dash of sea salt
NOTE: If you are NOT using a Vitamix or Blend-Tec blender, you will have separate directions.
Directions if using a Vitamix or Blend-Tec blender.
- Place water or stock at the bottom of the blender.
- Add carrots, onion and parsley.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add coconut oil, peanut butter, tamari, sea salt and Thai pepper.
- Blend on high until creamy and hot.
- Server with parsley garnish and toasted coconut flakes (optional).
Directions if using immersion blender or food processor.
- Place water or stock in a large pot with chopped carrots and onions.
- Bring to boil and then cook at med-high temperature for 15 minutes or until carrots are soft and onion is translucent in color.
- Using your immersion blender, pulverize carrot-onion mixture in the pot until creamy. If you are using a food processor, carefully transport hot mixture into base of food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add parsley, coconut oil, peanut butter, Thai pepper, sea salt and tamari and continue to blend until smooth.
- Garnish with parsley and/or toasted coconut flakes.
*To toast coconut flakes, place shredded coconut on a skillet and heat on low for 5 minutes.