Enjoy this delightful smoothie to help repair damaged skin and keep it glowing from the inside out.
- The Omega 3s in the chia seeds and flaxseed are anti-inflammatory and help keep skin moisturized.
- Strawberries are a good source of silica, a trace mineral needed to strengthen our bodies connective tissues, which includes our skin. They are also high in vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps reduce the damage of free radicals from excess sun exposure and environmental pollutants.
- Pineapple is a great source of bromelian, a known anti-inflammatory that keeps skin bright and blemish free.
- Coconut is high in lauric acid, medium-chain triglycerides and is a healthy mono saturated fat all which benefit the softness and elastin of your skin while keeping your waistline trim.
- Spinach is full of antioxidants and is a great source of fiber to increase your body’s ability to eliminate unwanted toxins that can cause skin eruptions. It is also high in Vitamin E, an essential nutrient to fight antioxidants and reduce wrinkles.
- Coconut water is nature’s electrolyte and body hydrating power house. Packed with potassium and high in electrolytes, it can help rehydrate dry, dull skin.
- Ginger: Great source of zinc, which helps control oil production on the skin and helps reduce blemishes.
- Collagen and Hyaluronic acid can help repair skin and improve regeneration.
1 cup strawberries
- 1 thumbnail size fresh ginger root
1 tbsp unsweetened coconut shreds
2 cups frozen or fresh pineapple
1 cup coconut water or plain water
2 tbsp chia seeds or ground flax seed
3 handfuls of fresh spinach (baby spinach works great!)
- Optional: 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Beauty Greens or Beauty Water
- Place coconut water into blender first.
- Add in all ingredients except the spinach and collagen/beauty greens.
- Blend until creamy.
- Add in spinach and Collagen Peptides/Beauty Greens/Beauty Water last and blend until smooth.