Although not entirely sure what makes something qualify to be called a “torte”, that is what I am calling this delicious brunch dish. The delicious mix of sweet pumping, savory tarragon and rosemary with rich organic cream makes a perfect main dish to keep your tastebuds satisfied and your blood sugar balanced all afternoon.
Savory Tarragon Pumpkin Torte
1 can organic pumpkin
3 pastured eggs
1/2 cup organic cream or coconut milk
2tbsp dried tarragon
1 tbsp dried or fresh rosemary
2 tbsp ghee
1 medium sweet onion sliced
1 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a frying pan, sauté the onions and garlic in ghee until golden brown.
- Remove from burner and mix in spices while cooling.
- In a food processor or blender, mix the pumpkin, eggs, cream/coconut milk, sea salt and black pepper until smooth.
- Spread onion/garlic mixture on the bottom of a pie pan and cover with egg/pumpkin mixture.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes or until you can stick a knife in the middle with it coming out clean.
- Allow to cool and serve immediately with sliced avocados
* Feel free to add your choose of raw cheese into the blender mixture such as gruyere, manchego or feta. Cut the salt in half when adding cheese.