Brussel sprouts are full of anything but BS! These cute cruciferous buds are packed with with antioxidants, fiber and heart healthy nutrients. Great roasted, steamed, on salads, or as my adorable friend K likes them, the main event of every meal.
5 cups brussel sprouts (sprinkled with fresh lemon juice at least 5 minutes before cooking)
Raw pumpkin seeds
3/4 c tahini
1/4 c olive oil
8 sprigs fresh Thyme (or 2 tbsp)
1/4 fresh lemon
pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300
- Brush brussel sprouts lightly with olive oil and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.
- While sprouts are roasting, place olive oil, tahini, thyme, lemon and sea salt in food processor or blender (in that order)
- Blend on high for 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Dressing should be smooth and creamy but not too thick. Add a little olive oil and continue to blend until creamy.
- Remove brussel sprouts from oven and place in a large serving dish
- Pour dressing over sprouts and stir until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with raw pumpkin seeds
Devour with pleasurable gratitude!
- Piping Hot Cereal
- Zesty Cashew Coleslaw
- How to Feed Your Children Without Making Yourself Crazy
- Roasted Leek Chips
- Morning Veggie Scramble
- Sprouted BS
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
- An Affair to Remember
- BEING VEG LIKE A BOSS