A great spin off a classic dip! Perfect for those who have trouble digesting beans or who just need a break from their garbanzo beans. Whip this high protein, high fiber dish up and keep it in the fridge to nosh on all week!
1 cup red lentils (uncooked)
2 cloves garlic
1/3 lemon juiced
1 tbsp tahini
1 tsp cumin
1tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- In a sauce pot, bring 2 cups of water and lentil to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until water is fully absorbed.
- While lentils are cooking, place remaining ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Add cooked lentils (be careful as they are very hot) to food processor/blender and puree until creamy.
- Place container in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow to cool down and thicken.
- Enjoy with veggies, as a spread on a sandwich/wrap or on top of salads. Store in the refrigerator.