1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
3 cloves garlic minced
4 cups fresh basil leaves
1/2 lemon juiced
1 cup olive oil
- Pan toast the walnuts on a skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Toss frequently. Do not use oil.
- Add minced garlic and walnuts to a food processor or blender and pulse for a few times.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the olive oil and blend for a few minutes.
- While on a low speed, slowly add the olive oil and blend until fully mixed (should be a thick paste.)
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator up to 4 days or in the freezer.