Mushroom and Garlic Stir-Fry
1c organic quinoa
1c organic chopped yellow onion
1 organic garlic clove
3 cups chopped white button mushrooms
3 leaves kale, swiss chard or spinach (organic is highly recommended for your greens)
2 tbsp fresh Thyme
1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 tbsp flax seed oil/walnut oil/olive oil
coarse black pepper
- In a pot, add quinoa to 2 cups water and cook on high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Quinoa takes only about 5 minutes to prepare. Once it looks like the picture below, remove the pot from the burner.
- While the quinoa is cooling, sauté the onions and garlic in coconut oil in a large wok or frying pan
- Add chopped mushroom and continue to sauté. Be careful not to overcook your vegetables. The mushrooms will turn dark and somewhat translucent. They should not be shriveled up.
- Turn the burner on low and mix in the cooked quinoa to the sautéed vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Remove pan from the burner
- Mix in fresh thyme, flaxseed, walnut or olive oil and your choice of swiss card, kale or spinach to the quinoa (Note: It is important that the fresh greens and oil are not mixed in over heat)
- Divy up and dig in!