1 eggplant peeled and cubed
2 zucchini diced
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 onions chopped
1 red pepper seeded and diced
1 cup chicken stock/vegetable stock (I like Pacific Grove brand)
1 cup tomatoes chopped
1 small bunch of basil chopped
2 tbsp chile powder
3 garlic cloves chopped
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp oregano
2 cups black beans (preferably soaked over night)
1 bunch green onions chopped
- Sauté eggplant, garlic, zucchini, onions and peppers with olive oil.
- Add stock, tomatoes and seasonings to the pot.
- Bring to a boil and then allow to simmer for 1 hour.
- Add beans and simmer for another 1/2 hour.
- Serve with chopped green onions, hemp hearts, or coconut kefir on top!