1-2 large zucchinis
Olive oil for cooking (if seeing warm)
Ribbons basil for garnish
Optional: Crumbled goat cheese or feta
1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
3 cloves garlic minced
4 cups fresh basil leaves
1/2 lemon juiced
1 cup olive oil
- Make noodles out of zucchini using a spiralizer or mandolin. Set aside.
- Pan toast the walnuts or pine nuts on a skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Toss frequently and be careful not to burn. Do not use oil.
- Add minced garlic and walnuts to a food processor or blender and pulse for a few times.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the olive oil and blend for a few minutes.
- While on a low speed, slowly add the olive oil and blend until fully mixed (should be a thick paste.)
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Toss with zucchini noodles and garnish with cherry tomatoes, ribboned basil and optional crumbled goat cheese.
OPTIONS: You can eat this raw or heat it up by tossing the noodles in cooking oil and gently warming up on a frying pan. Add pesto sauce and toss until the dish is well coated and heated through.