Decadent Frozen Chocolate Pie
This recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser and a pleasurable way to enjoy a daily indulgence. Oh, did I mention it is gluten-free, dairy free and totally raw? Uh, yeah…enjoy.
7 Medjool Dates pitted
1 tbsp coconut oil melted
3/4 c pecan pieces/hazelnuts/macademia nuts
- Combine all ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until mixture looks crumbly.
- Pour mixture into pie pan and press into crust. Make sure it is even in all places.
1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c raw cacao powder or baking chocolate
2 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp vanilla
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in cocoa, honey and vanilla until melted smooth (may need to place back on burner on low)
- Pour mixture onto wax paper lined plate.
- Place into freezer for later use.
5 ripe bananas peeled, chopped and frozen (you can do this the night before)
3/4 c raw cacao powder or baking chocolate (just make sure it is only chocolate without any other additives READ LABELS)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Medjool dates pitted
2 tbsp raw honey
*Other fill in options: 1/2 cup almond or cashew butter, raw cacao pieces for some energy crunch and/or coconut flakes.
- Place frozen bananas into food processor or high powered blender and blend on high until bananas turn creamy like ice cream.
- Add chocolate, vanilla, dates and honey.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes or until mixed smoothly.
- Pour filling into pie crust and spread evenly.
- Remove chocolate topping and break up into flakes with a knife.
- Top filling with chocolate flakes until the entire surface is covered
- Place pie into freezer for at least an hour and up until serving time.