Cauliflower Pizza Crust
1 head cauliflower
1 large egg
1 cup grated parmesan reggiano or pecorino cheese
1 fresh garlic clove minced
1 tbsp Italian season or dried parsley
Dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 475.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower into small “rice-like” pieces.
- Pour cauliflower onto a clean thin kitchen towel or cheese cloth and squeeze out any remaining liquid.
- Mix the remaining ingredients with the cauliflower in a large mixing bowl. Make sure that it is mixed well (use your hand if you need to).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and liberally brush with olive oil.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and mold into the shape of crust you desire.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is just starting to turn golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Top with your choice of shredded cheese.
- Add marinara on top of cheese* and proceed with your toppings of choice.
- Bake the pizza for another 5-6 minutes.
*LAYERING THE SAUCE ON TOP OF THE CHEESE KEEPS THE CRUST NICE AND DRY VERSUS SOGGY.