Black Bean Brownie Bites
1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
2 eggs or 2 chia eggs*
1/2 cup raw cacao or unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips/chunks (67% or darker)
1/2 tsp ground coffee or espresso (optional)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
*Chia eggs: 1 tbsp ground chia seeds + 3 tbsp water = 1 egg.
Allow chia seeds to soak for 5 minutes in order to thicken before using.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, mixer or blender, combine all ingredients except for chocolate chips and walnuts if using. Blend until evenly mixed.
- Using a spatula, stir in walnuts if using.
- Either pour batter into a coconut oil greased 8×8 pan or individually scoop 1 tbsp batter onto a baking sheet.
- Top with chocolate chips/chunks.
- For 8×8 pan: bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick removes clean.
- For individual brownie bites: bake for 9-10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick removes clean.